Wednesday 20 June 2012

Hello World! Welcome to my fab new blog!
A little intro first… I am Nathalie and I live in a beautiful Oxfordshire village. I have been married for (very nearly) 8 years and I have three lovely children, twin girls and a little boy…so far sooo good. I love to sew!  In particular I make buntings and banners, create with fabrics, applique, bead embellishments and make things that are unique, personalised, beautiful to look at and made to last.
For the past year (or more) I have toyed with the idea of making my sewings and stitchings into something I could share with everybody. Having spent several years making a variety of craft items for my home, friends and family, I started getting requests from friends of friends for my work, and so I was inspired to start Shire Crafts.
And now for the gritty truth… So as well as being a wife and a Mummy, I work part time at a local pre-school, try and keep my house and garden reasonably presentable (often failing!), continue to battle with ‘baby-weight’ even though my girls are now 7 years old, so now of course is the obvious time to start a business – WHY NOT!
Take a deep breath… So it is crunch time! For the first time since having my children I have a chance to do something for myself again – if I can remember who I am!
Plan of action…I have handed in my notice at work! My little boy starts primary school in September (Boo! – but I know he will love it) so all my little ones will be safely out of my hands for a few hours a day. I have great plans to create a sewing room in our current garage. Plus I have a website ‘under-construction’ and have just set up my business Facebook page. ALL systems GO!
This is going to be a HUGE change for me, truly the next chapter in my life. I am both nervous and excited at the same time! So please join me on my journey as a move from busy (anonymous) Mummy to creative ‘me’ (although never leaving the Mummy bit very far behind!) Here we go…
Nathalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment